Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Run For Pasig

The ABS CBN Foundation is organizing a benefit fun run for the rehabilitation of Pasig river. Normally, I'm not the runner type. I prefer to just stay home, design scrapbook pages, bother my boyfriend, or play RPGs on my PSP.

The thing about this run is that it's not just any run, but an attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the largest amount of participants in a foot race. The current record is 110,000 runners in a 1988 run in San Francisco, California. This time around, ABS CBN is aiming to gather 120,000 runners. As a plus, the run will be held on August 10, 2010. That's 10-10-10. Quite symbolic, huh?

Still, that wouldn't have been enough to convince me to join in if not for the fact that that many runners would probably leave one no choice but to walk instead. Like I said, I'm not the runner type. Besides, my company was sponsoring 3,000 participants so my registration fee was free already. Might as well exercise, break a record and join a good cause all at the same time. Lol!

So, if you want to join, go visit www.101010runforthepasigriver.com. Registration fee is P250 for individuals, and P100 for students and members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police. There will be 3 categories, 3K, 5K and 10K. (I only joined the 3K ^_^)

And for those wanting to buy running shoes, a little treat below:

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online